- Inflation: Transportation and Education Lead the Way Since the End of the Recession Four Years Ago Valeo Financial Advisors
- Jobless claims increased by 1,000 jobs to 308,000, with the service sector cooling off in September as firms took on fewer new workers Reuters
- New home sales, initial jobless claims, nonfarm payrolls, and unemployment rate indicators were not released this week due to the U.S. government shutdown.
- Japan is attempting to escape deflation, while additional stimulus measures and tax increases are being implemented to control the country’s growing debt problem Reuters
- U.S stocks posted modest gains this week, despite the government shut down The Wall Street Journal
- The U.S. Federal Reserve has been hampered by a data shortage as the central bank’s next meeting is in October and talks of continuing QE are not out of the question Bloomberg News
- What are the 6 debt- showdown alternatives Congress and the White House can use? Bloomberg News